Try our comprehensive train-the-trainer cultural competency course
We are pleased to offer this train-the-trainer course, designed for those who already have a foundation in cultural competency and would like the ability and tools to teach others within their organization how to build more inclusive, respectful, and equitable workplaces.
This 3-part course is especially recommended for educators, training coordinators, human resource professionals, and business owners.
For more information, please contact:
Ashima Sumaru, Senior Consultant
Phone: 780-425-4644, ext. 5
“ You carefully structured your workshop to assist us in improving our understanding of inclusiveness and provided us with a roadmap of next steps for the continued learning and development of our staff.” ~Past participant.
2013 Spring Three-Day Series
June 20, 21, & 22 from 9am-4pm
In this course, you will:
- Develop a strong understanding of cultural competency, both its theory and practice
- Build skills to apply culturally competent policy in an organizational and business context
- Learn how to create learning environments for adults that is cultural responsive and culturally safe
- Build your knowledge of Equity, human rights and diversity policy and legislation in Alberta and Canada
- Become a culturally competent human resources practitioner.
- Learn how to most effectively transfer you expertise about cultural competency in your own workplace and become a Cultural Crossroads champion
Workshops take place in Edmonton from 9AM-4PM on the scheduled day. Lunch is provided.
Participants will receive a certificate upon completion.